Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Sales and National Accounts will be a key member of the Senior Management team. Responsible for leading the development and implementation of a strategic sales plan that will meet the organizations revenue and profit goals. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and existing relationships with distributors and off premise national accounts in America's beverage alcohol market.
- Work closely with the Senior Management team to establish the long-term vision and goals of the Heavy Seas Beer organization.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborate with internal departments (Marketing, Finance, Operations, Production) to provide strategic solutions that will drive the growth of brands within the HSB portfolio.
- Lead the sales team through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development. Conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews of sales activity effectiveness, identifying sales/distribution gaps and reacting to them rapidly.
- Develop and implement programing to achieve volume and distribution goals.
- Work with sales team, and where appropriate, directly with our distributor partners to establish sales objectives by forecasting annual volume goals while establishing strong partnerships focused on working together to build the Heavy Seas Beer portfolio.
- Prepare and conduct business reviews with distributor senior management.
- Lead and implement the effort to grow the volume and value share of our portfolio of brands in Off Premise National Accounts. Present new products, secure ads, TPRs and displays.
- Protect our strong position in On and Off Premise Independent accounts. Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
- Develop and manage territory forecast and trade plan.
- Distributor inventory analysis to ensure sufficient levels to achieve goals.
- Stay up-to-date with new product launches and ensure all partners are enrolled in brand innovation and armed with selling materials.
Skills / Experience:
- Strong alignment to company culture and values. Personality fit with the Heavy Seas crew is key.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the alcoholic beverage industry or related consumer package goods.
- Strong knowledge of the three-tier alcoholic beverage distribution system, including full knowledge of distributor pricing structures.
- Experience working the primary markets with existing key account relationships is preferred.
- Experience calling on and working with the primary and secondary chains in the territory including but not limited to: Kroger, Publix, Food Lion, SEG, Wegmans, Giant, Harris Teeter, Total Wine & More and others.
- Entrepreneurial approach to managing their business and experience working in a smaller team environment.
- High tolerance for multi-tasking, flexible and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced executional environment.
- A demonstrated record of success in establishing and delivering sales goals and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Experience in customer service (either internal or external), strong project management skills, attention to detail, sense of urgency and personal accountability.
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience in analysis of Nielsen and IRI information.
- Significant travel required.
- Must live in the Eastern Region of the United States and close to a major airport.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stay seated at a desk for extended periods of time, as well as ability to stand and move around for extended periods of time
- Work environment has a moderate to loud noise level (moderate noise - office with printers and computers; loud noise - factory or manufacturing space)
Please send all resumes to email@example.com with the subject line "Director of Sales". No phone calls or walk-ins, please.